Friday, September 28, 2007

assistant for a day

I spent yesterday morning and afternoon in the city at the American Dental Association annual convention with my mom and Richard. Wow. Who knew dentists, hygenists and assistants could be so crazy!? I had no idea there were so many types and kinds of dental vendors. I packed a few bags full of toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss, mouthwash and tons of other fun stuff and learned all about invisalign (the braces I want to get). And if asked, my occupation was not "homemaker" for the day...it was "assistant." This isn't completely false...I did do some emergency assisting for Richard during high school. The fact that the emergencies were usually full of blood, cracked teeth and swollen mouths and thus made me vow to never enter the field of dentistry in any way, shape or form doesn't matter. All in all, a very fun day...and I'm going back today for more!

1 comment:

Lant Family said...

That is fun, I Was a dental assistant for a couple of years and we would go to those things. We would have to go to classes, they weren't as much fun as picking up free stuff. I got the best stuff at those things. I never bought any toothbrushes.