Thursday, May 29, 2008

and i've decided...i'm STILL a runner

ryan and i went with our friends lars and dyan (and our kiddos nora and leah) to san francisco to bike through the city. it was a lot of fun! after finding a parking spot (harder than you'd think), we buckled the girls into their "chariot"...quite a smooth ride if you ask me...where they commenced stealing each others' binkies, blankets and toys, and we hopped on our bikes and were off.

after (okay, in the middle of) the first hill, ryan gave me a lesson on the gears on a bike and i was good to go. ha! we rode through part of the city, across the golden gate bridge and then down into sausalito. we boarded a ferry back to the city and rode back to our cars.

all in all a great day...perfect weather since it was 100+ when we left our houses and we needed jackets up there! i ran 12 miles that morning in preparation for this saturday's race...and i decided i'm still a runner. although the biking was fun, it was at times scary and my bum hurt!!

here are some shots my photographer of a husband snapped. he's got a good eye, i think...

5 comments:

Karen Hauley said...

Very adventurous. Later in life you will be glad that you took advantage of all the great things to do - wherever you live. Soak it all up while you can!

Unknown said...

that looks like fun.. perhaps me and ed need to visit soon and we can go for a bike trip to the "city"..love dotes' cheeks

Morgan said...

what a cool bike ride! i just went on my first bike ride tonight in forever. one of nate's students gave us a burley bike trailer, so i took the kiddies out, and they loved it. it was a way better work out than i anticipated, which was good. by yeah, my bum is killing me too. i need to get some padded bike shorts and a padded bike seat cover!!

those really are awesome pics!

Rebecca Parker said...

wait a min... who was lugging the girls around behind him/her?! pretty sure SF has its share of hills if it's as similar to Seattle as I think it is!?! can't believe this adventure was AFTER your 12 mi. o' running?! you're wonder woman!! love ya mare! unfortunately my back is already preventing me from doing too much of that anymore, so you'll soon be half my size!

chellae said...

Sacilito has the best fish and chips I've ever had. Next time you go back, give them a try...and I didn't even really like fish when i visited there. Great pics! BTW, I ran about a mile today and walked another three or four and decided that even when I'm five and a half months pregnant I still enjoy running.