Thursday, July 10, 2014

John Deere Classic

Ryan and I nabbed some tickets to go to the John Deere Classic golf tournament this year. Neither of us had ever been to a professional golfing event (let's be honest, I've never been anywhere that isn't miniature), so we didn't really know what to expect. We got a babysitter for the morning and headed to Illinois. They chartered buses to get us there and we definitely brought the average age of individuals on the bus down a notch...or two. 

There were no pictures allowed once you actually entered the course, but it was a beautiful day and such a well-run event. I was actually very entertained. The golfers were amazing! I guess they don't call them professionals for nothin'! Even the ones in the back of the pack are pretty incredible. It was a lot of fun to just sort of wander and be part of the peanut gallery. 

We will be going next year and we'll definitely make a full day out of it. Just remind me to wear a hat. 


No comments: