Tuesday, November 27, 2007

a day of thanks

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and have so much to be grateful for. Pictured are some highlights of Leah's day: eating "turkey and vegetables" (yes, i bought her that specific baby food for her first turkey day!), playing in the park, bathing with her boyfriend (and then sleeping in the jammies he wore at 8 weeks old) and just being cute.

We had dinner with 5 other couples from our ward and everything was so delicious! It's so nice to know that even though we weren't with extended family this year, we have good friends to keep us company. Rachel did such a great job on the turkey!!

Things I am grateful for:
10. A warm home and food on the table every day
9. Ryan's job
8. A body that functions properly - I am continually amazed at the human body and how it can be pushed and strengthened and used for our benefit and the benefit of others. I also realize more and more why it is so important we take care of our bodies.
7. Mothers - I realize more every day how wonderful mine truly is and how much I have to learn
6. Fantastic friends - both near and far
5. Two wonderful families: the Kinnersleys/Hauleys AND the Laytons
4. My health
3. Leah - her smile brings such joy to my life!
2. Ryan - he is so wonderful and works so hard both at his job and at home...I coudln't ask for more.
1. The Gospel of Jesus Christ - without it, I am nothing

2 comments:

Karen Hauley said...

I'm grateful for shmaven.

The Marshalls said...

she is so stinking cute.. but i wish your pictures were larger.