Monday, August 19, 2013

kindness

I really like the idea of introducing a family theme each year as school begins; something that everyone in the family can benefit from and work on. 

This year, I decided on "Kindness Begins With Me" and based it off a children's song from our church of the same name:
I want to be kind to everyone, for that is right you see. 
So I say to myself, "Remember this: Kindness begins with me."
I really like the simplicity of this song. Something someone as little as Kate can understand, but important enough for even Ryan and I to remember throughout the year.

It got really fancy at our kitchen table for theme dinner that night. Um no, not really. I just whipped out that fabulous bunting that can be used for everything, printed out our theme and called it good. 

Here's to a kind year!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

That's our theme too!!! Yeah! Kindness DOES begin with me :)