Tuesday, December 18, 2007

layton piano studio

so, last thursday, i hosted my first-ever layton piano studio recital. what a blast! besides the fact that one of my students had the flu and couldn't attend, which made the entire program go no more than 13 minutes max, it was a smashing hit. what a fun little group i have. they performed flawlessly...despite the fact that little winn played his entire piece, ode to joy, in the key of G minor rather than the key of C (but i don't think he even noticed because he was so scared)...they were wonderful.

left to right: winn, charlotte, isabel, maren, josef, melissa, sarah, and emma. not pictured: audrey

and leah was an angel throughout the entire performance. everyone is in love with her. she even got 5 christmas presents from all the kids and their families!!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

that is awesome.. i remember being so scared at recitals.. but that is so fun you did a recital!!! and leah is so dang cute... she looks like ryan in that picture! and what a cute outfit!

Lindsey Harman said...

Part of me misses the snow too. Luckily we'll get to see some of it in Utah. It's nice visiting the cold and then coming back to CA. :) P.S. Leah is the cutest! LOVE her giggle!!

Luisa said...

You have piano students?? That is so awesome! I have had one piano student a couple of years ago...but always think about getting the piano lessons thing going for real. I'll have to talk to you about that sometime. Congrats on a successful piano recital!

Karen Hauley said...

Polka dot tights. Enough said.

Lant Family said...

I think that is so funny the one kid playing the song in the wrong key. I laughed at that for a while.

Michelle said...

That is so fun to have a piano recital!

carolee said...

How fun! I bet you are a fabulous teacher!

R and K said...

Can I be your piano student?
(We have a Nikon D40--it was our Christmas present to each other.)

Alyse Burt said...

Marathons, piano recitals, mother, wife what don't you do? I'm very impressed! I love Leah's tights! P.S. Ryan says happy stinkin birthday :)

Nicole M said...

Maren I can't believe how much Leah has changed!! She's always been cute but she keeps getting cuter. Love those big eyes! Hope you guys are doing well.

LTC said...

Little Leah is too cute!