Wednesday, December 12, 2007

an old friend...

singing at christmastime is one of my very favorite things to do...i was in choirs in high school and some in college that gave me so many opportunities to sing and i loved it... now that i'm not in a choir, i realize just how much i miss it! but, this last saturday, i was asked to sing in a trio at our ward christmas party. i know, they didn't sell tickets to the event or anything, but it was so great...like welcoming back and old friend. we sang "mary's lullaby" during a reinactment of the nativity story. and yes, i sang bass.

6 comments:

carolee said...

That's too funny! While I was reading you post, it was almost like I had written it myself. I sooo miss singing. Last Saturday, my friend and I sang Mary's Lullaby at our ward party too!

Carolee

chrisbrems said...

Ryan and I used to sing some great duets in concert choir. My ward didn't ask me to sing, funny.

Ryan said...

Yeah, those were the days. i'm still not sure how i made it into the choir.

Emily said...

I love christmas time and programs! You are so talented Maren, you can sing, run, write well, etc... your talents go on and on!

Karen Hauley said...

Maren takes after her shmoj. . . gotta love the man voice. I sang in the Stake Messiah concert last Sunday. It was so great. The conductor (who happens to be in our Stake) is the conductor of the Ballet West Orchestra, so it was intense. The orchestra was great (supplemented from Ballet West) and I sat next to the tenors - Bishop Bauman. It doesn't get better than that. I like your live nativity. . . they are alive, aren't they?

Amber Marcum said...

You go girl! Base! That is my range! :) Hey, i did billy last night...oh yeah! :) My husband asked if I could edit the verb choice, and I said, "honey, I've been doing billy for so long...I just can't!" HA! Love ya!
PS for anyone else reading this, I'm not a perv...I exercised to Billy Blanks Tae-Bo. :)