Thursday, June 5, 2008

sounds of spring

i had my second layton studio piano recital last week. it went so well! each student prepared two songs and they did AWESOME. my littlest student, phillip, is 5 years old. he started off the entire recital with "hot cross buns" and, had it not been printed in the program, i'm not sure anyone would have actually known what the song was. BUT, he played with confidence...and his second song was perfect, so it all worked out. it's been a fun year trying to adjust my teaching style to mesh with the personalities of all of these VERY different kids, but i love it. and nights like this make all the hard work worth it!


leah was the "post-recital entertainment" - yes, she was on the program. all the kids love her and it was THEIR idea to have her perform.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahah that is awesome leah was on the program! she looks so cute! you look good too mare, i like that skirt! i love you guys and miss you!

Karen Hauley said...

I didn't realize that you had 9 students! That's a lot. And Leah has such great posture at the piano - what a cutie. I agree with kb - mare, you look great!

Uffens Family said...

What a neat thing Mare! I can't imagine when you would have time to teach piano! but I am sure those kids love you...Leah looks like a little musician! She looks adorable...and I cannot believe that dress STILL fits!

Jewel-e said...

That's so cool that you teach! I've considered it, but don't even know where to start! What method do you teach? And do you have a piano at home? Looks like fun!