Wednesday, September 16, 2009

it'll never happen.

i think i will never be the mother of four children. it's just complete chaos. (well, it is when i'm in charge.) i watched four two year olds last week. really, it wasn't that bad, but they definitely had me on my toes for 2.5 hours.

we had a snack (on the blanket, ryan...don't worry):we played outside...apparently jack is faster than the others:and leah is a bit slower:but they all caught up eventually:ty loved climing back and forth under this:and jack enjoyed removing his pants...multiple times:sarah thought it would be fun to run out to the street (the others followed...jack with his pants down) but i caught them before any catastophes occured:jack and ty found "a bug! a bug!":and sarah was not about to be left out of that kind of excitement:
they helped me in the "special room" switching my laundry from the washer to the dryer and we survived the day with only two time outs (one for sarah kicking the piano and one for ty hitting jack...to which jack replied, "my head reallyhurts").

leah was sweet and comforted a very sad cam when rach came for ty:we finished off the day with a yummy "dilla" where i apparently got sarah to drink cold milk for the first time? and had to reassure jack that, no, i would not burn his sweet little finger two weeks in a row. i learned my lesson last time. then i took a nap.

8 comments:

Alyse Burt said...

Four kids is way different when they are not all 2! I'm sorry about the mean, nasty lady at the blood lab. I hate mean strangers!

Molly said...

I love that you documented it all with the pictures! You are a brave, brave woman. My idea of babysitting is watching Lindsey's kids while they are asleep. Hahaha. I'm not sure I'm even ready for my own.

Lant Family said...

That sounds like an adventure--I need a nap just thinking about that day.

Julie Laughlin said...

oh my goodness, that picture of jack pulling his pants down is hilarious! sounds like a crazy day!

Karen Hauley said...

Loved, loved, loved this post!

Unknown said...

you could do it...you are a great shmoj..and how entertaining would each day be with those 4..awesome.

Rebecca Parker said...

yeah, bit different when they're all the same age (unless you're kate gosselin) & not your own:) i think you were brave for even venturing outta the house with 'em all-is it on rotation so you get a turn or just way it worked out that day?? so cute to document it all in pics too...glad you got a nap afterward!!

Sarah Smith said...

Jeff and I were cracking up reading this post. You really are brave. I probably would have put on Signing Time and called it a day!