Saturday, February 7, 2015

Frozen and some fabulous friends

Leah went to a fabulous Frozen birthday party today. I'll be honest: sometimes I actually dread the fact that Leah gets invited to birthday parties. I know. Horrible. But it is often such a glaring reminder of all that she can't be. All that she could be if it weren't for Rett. It's extra work for me and I'm pretty sure she doesn't want me hanging at her side at every party and get-together she goes to. It's hard to watch the other parents drive up, drop their kids off and drive away with a few hours to themselves. But, such is life. 


Today, though, was a different story. Leah has such an incredible group of friends. They include her. They help her. They adapt to her needs. They play with her. They talk with her, not at her. Watching these seven year olds adapt to her needs and joyfully include her in every game and craft makes this mom's heart swell. 

Don't mind me. I'll just let these girls take over, step back and snap a picture to remember this moment forever. 





No comments: