Thursday, August 2, 2007

don't you worry about the distance...

we miss ryan. we don't like when he goes out of town and we can't wait until he comes home.

right now ryan is just south of chicago for some training for his work at duff and phelps. he's having a good time in classes and playing frisbee golf in his spare time while his co-workers get a little tipsy. leah says, "ma ma ma" (in baby talk, that means, "I miss dad").
i'm beginning to be reminded about the last two summers when he was REALLY out of town...glad we're not doing that again. i decided to write a song for him while he's gone*: "Hey there Ryan, Don't you worry about the distance, I'm right there if you get lonely, Give this song another listen, Close your eyes...Listen to my voice it's my disguise...I'm by your side."
Leah wrote him a song too*: "I'm so glad when daddy comes home, glad as I can be. I clap my hands and shout for joy, then climb up on his knee. Put my arms around his neck, hug him tight like this. Pat his cheeks and give him what? A great big kiss!"
we are very talented. (*note: a special thanks to plain white t's and the children's hymnbook for their help in writing these songs.)

No comments: