Thursday, November 22, 2012

turkey trotting

We live in a small town, so a lot of things that big city dwellers take for granted, we have to create ourselves. Turkey trots included. There was one turkey trot in a town about 30 minutes away, but it started at 10:00 and that didn't jive with most of our feast-making plans. 

So, I sent a few emails, made a results poster, and gathered together with six good friends to run a hilly 3.1 miles right from my house. 

I had only been out running once since the half marathon, but I was determined to beat my friend from CA's 5k time {thanks for the motivation, Erica!}. I started out too fast, trying to keep up with Miss Tiffany. But 3.1 miles later, I nearly overtook her {not really, but I was still right behind her!}. As I reached my front porch, I honestly wanted to collapse and die. I'm not a fast runner, this was by far the fastest I have ever run this particular course. 

After we all finished we tried to warm our frozen bodies with some warm apple cider and hot chocolate while we chatted inside. We didn't get a shirt or a medal, but we had a lot of fun!

Thanks for trotting, ladies!

p.s. The pink was NOT planned. Promise. 





No comments: