Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter in Boston

It was a blessing and a curse to have Easter fall on marathon weekend. A blessing because we got to spend it with our New Hampshire family and a curse because we had to spend it away from our own little family! 

Michelle, Andrea and I set out in the morning to go to church, only to find the congregation we had chosen was actually having an area conference that morning and they were meeting in a different building across town. It felt strange to not go to church on Easter Sunday, but we really did try! 

Later in the afternoon, Brennan and Liz were wonderful hosts at Brennan's parents' beautiful home just outside of Boston. We were so excited to see so many of our friends from Tuck all reunited! It actually felt like we were living in Sachem Village again, the community center just turned into a beautiful, spacious home instead! 

I don't have many pictures because my phone was playing DJ for the evening. But, we had an egg hunt for all the kids (who have all grown a foot since I last saw them!), enjoyed some warm rays of sunshine and filled our bellies with some delicious food to get some energy for race day. I had such a great time catching up with so many incredible friends. And being with them again helped to ease some of the butterflies starting to accumulate in my stomach as I anticipated the race. 

I opted to not eat dessert, but instead got to see a picture of my sweet girls in their Easter best. Knowing they were happy and being taken care of was the icing on the cake!

No comments: