Friday, September 28, 2012

fall formal

I'm not exaggerating when I say that Tuck has events going on Wednesday through Friday of every week. Every week. I'm also not exaggerating when I say that I went to maybe five of them last year. Maybe

Most I was fine to miss out on just because my priority is definitely my two littles, but there were a few I was sad to miss - mostly the formals. Last year, we decided to not go to fall formal and then I didn't really have a great dress that I could wear for winter/spring because of my growing midsection and I just felt blah anyway. Sooooo...this year, I was determined to make it to more events. And the first on the list was fall formal. 
A few of us got together beforehand to do hair and makeup together. Always a good idea. 

We headed to dinner with a few of our closest couple friends and then we bussed it up to the formal. 

Don't worry that it rained all day and the dance floor was under a tent outside down a really long dirt {er, mud} hill. So we decided to wear our fancy dresses with rainboots. Best fashion decision I've ever made and so much more comfy than heels. 

 We had a really fun night dancing {and singing and jumping} our hearts out. Even the husbands showed us a move or two. That Ryan can groove. It was so fun to get all gussied up with the girls and go for a night out on the town with my main squeeze. We'll definitely be doing it again.


No comments: