Tuesday, November 19, 2013

grandma and grandpa layton visit Iowa

Grandma and Grandpa Layton came to visit us in Iowa for a long weekend. I'm pretty sure a few people were over the moon about it. 

Grandpa and Kate gave Ryan a lesson in electrical engineering. 

We took full advantage of Grandpa's height (and non-booted foot) and had him change a light bulb for us. (We have yet to purchase a ladder.) 

And we put them to work in the backyard raking so. many. leaves. I promise it was their idea! 

It wasn't all work, though. We played and played and then played some more. We did lots of Christmas shopping and even fit in a tour of John Deere Harvester Works. And yes, I kept the glasses. I know a good thing when I see it. 

 It was so much fun, we invited them to come back in February!

No comments: