Wednesday, September 17, 2014

21 days to make a habit...and a 33 year old

I feel like sometimes the daily doldrums in life are often the hardest to deal with - the stagnant, dull, inactive moments. I've found myself a little down and out as of late. I can't really pinpoint one exact reason. It's a handful of small, personal things all piled up that are bringing me down. Overall, things are fine; nothing big or unusual or overly stressful on my plate, so I don't know what my deal is. I do know that I don't want to feel like this for much longer, so something needs to change. 

They say it takes 21 days to make a habit. And in 21 days I will be 33. So, I have a convenient 21-day-marker to achieve some small goals that will hopefully make a difference in my attitude and overall outlook on life.

I've written them down for myself, with 21 boxes to check off next to each one (I love a good box to check off). Six goals in three categories - mental, physical, and spiritual - as I truly believe all three are intertwined. And together, I really feel those will impact my emotional well being. So, win-win-win-win. 

Here's to the next 21 days. May they be an active, uphill climb to a destination that is worth the view. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

when i grow up, i want to be just like my big sister. because she is AWESOME!

Aubrey said...

Maren you are such an inspriation to me in countless ways. I totally agree with your sister, I want to be you when I grow up

Lindsey Harman said...

You describe how I feel most times. Nothing is really wrong, but when people ask how I am, I seem to focus on the negative. Staying positive and looking up is the hardest part for me. You're awesome Maren! And so goal oriented. Love you!