Friday, October 19, 2012

kindergarten pictures

After last year's school picture retake fiasco, I decided to tag along with Leah on the first school picture day. The photographer was ever so patient and wanted to get a shot we were all happy with. They had Leah standing on this pedestal and she thought it was hilarious to try and step off. So her aide was standing behind her keeping her on the pedestal and her teacher and I were in front by the photographer trying to get her to look at the camera, smile and keep her hands out of the frame all at the same time. I even brought Po along for a laugh. It was kind of a circus. But after only a few minutes, we ended up with this one and I couldn't be more pleased. 

The old Maren would have been annoyed with a few details {looking up but not directly at the lens, hands in the frame, hair a bit askew up top}, but the current Maren has come to realize that this is Leah. Smiley, hands all over the place, hair kind of a mess Leah. She's the Leah I know and love. She's the Leah I want to remember. 

4 comments:

Erica said...

ive come to that place too-cant wait to see how Avery's turned out! apparently her aide was laying on the floor holding her hands in her lap!

Laura said...

What a beautiful smile! And such happy eyes. Gorgeous picture!

Jessica M said...

Cute cute picture! My Melanie has that same shirt (love it!).

Michelle said...

I love this, and I love that this really is the Leah that we love.