Thursday, October 25, 2012

King Arthur Flour x2

As if one class from the incredible King Arthur Flour isn't enough, I got to take two classes in four days! The first class, New England Desserts, was full of tips and tricks to make the perfect New England crisps, cobblers and crumbles. The room smelled of delicious, fresh picked, local berries and fruits topped with pure goodness before being baked. It went something like this: mix, lick fingers, mix, lick fingers, pour, lick fingers, scrape bowl, lick spatula, crumble, lick fingers, bake, eat. 
 


 





The second class was filled by more than half with good friends. Together we learned how to make the perfect meringue buttercream frosting and then how to perfectly decorate any cake - crumb coat, main coat, decorations and all. I may or may not have eaten portion I chopped off to make the cake level. And it may or may not have been delicious and totally worth it. 




If you ever need the perfect birthday cake...don't call me. That wasn't my forte. But, if you're looking for a delicious New England dessert, those are right up my alley. A great take-away from my time here in the Upper Valley that I'm more than happy to share. 

5 comments:

Karen Hauley said...

Can I please go back to King Arthur Flour? Every time I open my brown sugar I think of that fun day.

Courtney said...

I'm jealous! that looks so fun!

Laura said...

I love King Arthur Flour and am totally envious you're there to take classes! so fun!!

Matt@KAF said...

Thanks, MJ, for visiting us here at King Arthur Flour. I'm really glad you had such a wonderful time and I'll be sure to share this blog post with our BEC team. Happy baking!

Britta said...

We certainly had a lot of fun getting our hands messy. Thanks so much for inviting me to come!