Wednesday, October 31, 2012

i have a thing for red heads

I guess you could say I have a thing for red heads. 

The costumes of Halloween 2012 have got to be my favorite yet. In years past, we've been felines, fowl, a witch (and her creeper dad), story book characters and princesses. But I think Annie and Raggedy Ann take the cake.

We had an eventful week planned, but not much panned out until today. Hurricane Sandy postponed a Tuck parade and party and Leah's school doesn't allow costumes at all {don't get me started...}. So, the Sachem parade was our big debut. And I can say without hesitation that Leah and Kate were both hits. We did a bit of trick or treating after the party - mostly stopping by homes of friends we knew would want to see the girls. 

Including our good friend Megan who was excited that Leah was sporting a wig that made them twins! 

Leah was so tired and could barely keep her head up. Which means this is the best picture we got of both of them. 

And this is what happened immediately after. 

 Love those two red heads of mine. Happy Halloween!





5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, my favorite! I might have to steal this idea sometime. Such beautiful girls you have. :)

Unknown said...

Ha ha. I can't get over those wigs!!!

Karen Hauley said...

there aren't enough loves for this post. so, so adorable.

carolee said...

Oh wow! Look at your girls! They are too adorable!

Rob and Marseille said...

last year you said she chose to be the girl from tangeled. did she choose this, or was she excited when you told her your idea? (you've seen my pics...you know we reuse costumes, for grinchy reasons)