Monday, January 14, 2013

ktg: 8 months

Our little Kater Pie is growing right before our eyes. Two thirds already! 

Eight months was an obvious favorite of mine with Leah. I assumed it was because Leah was sitting up, but not yet moving around and was more able to play with toys and interact with those around her. Because of this, I thought my "favorite" with Kate might come a bit earlier. But I was wrong. My two littles could not be more different at just 8 months old, but so far it is still by far my favorite! 

Kate is on the go. She started to crawl just a few days after her 7 month mark and hasn't turned back. In fact, this month she also decided to walk like an elephant on all fours, pull herself to standing, and begin cruising along the furniture. She also loves holding my hand and walking throughout the house. She looks up and grins at me the entire time. 

Kate's smile just keeps getting bigger and bigger and she's so much happier with her new found mobility. She definitely helps us keep our floors clean, but still finds every single piece of everything I miss from my twice a day vacuuming sessions.

Miss Kate loves the tub and plays and explores until the water is long gone. She is just learning the art of splashing and her favorite tub toys are the washcloth and the drain. This bodes well for our student budget. 

Her favorite words are "wabu wabu" {reminds me of: "she said gleeba!"} and "dada" and she will babble this all day long. However, much to Ryan's chagrin, Kate is actually a momma's girl. She much prefers my manly voice to his and my smooth skin to his stubble. I will admit: I don't mind. After watching my eldest clearly prefer her dad for the last six years, it's kind of nice to come in first. 

Kate can go from blissfully happy to crocodile tears sad in a matter of milliseconds. It's kind of amazing, actually. And when she gets mad, she growls her glottal growl, buries her chin in her chest, and pulls at her mullet, like so: 

But when she is happy, boy is she happy. Her smile is more of a mouth and eyes wide open look, but it gets me every time. 

Her sleeping is back on track. She goes down between 7:00 and 7:30 every night and wakes up between 6:30 and 7:00 usually. Naps for 2-3 hours in the morning and usually around 3 hours in the afternoon. 

I nurse her first thing in the morning and right before bed and she alternates three solid meals and two bottles during the rest of the day. She is still always hungry and she now feeds herself her bottles. It's kind of amazing to watch. And I'm kind of loving it. Those functioning hands are a mighty miracle. 

Her favorite toys are whatever is NOT a toy and also her diapers (clean and dirty). She loves hanging onto the dishwasher when I load and unload and she now knows how to dance to music. She's just finding the headbands on her head, but usually we can distract her so they stay on. Still no teeth, just a toothless grin. Church is now at 9am, which is amazing and awful at the same time, but so far we are surviving. And she has no idea what to do when the wind hits her in the face, so she usually just gasps for air...and it is hilarious.

In summary, eight truly is great.
 
8 month Stats:
Weight: ???
Length: ???
Head Circumference: ???
No. of diapers used: I stopped counting, but similar to 6 months (120)
Diaper size: 2
Clothing size: 6-12 months
Longest stretch of sleep: 13 hours??
NEW Nicknames: Biff (because she biffs a lot)

No comments: