Wednesday, July 17, 2013

tucson

I was so grateful to be able to fly straight from Vegas a little south to Tucson to visit my sister just a week after she had her fourth baby. Yes, FOURTH! My little sister has four kids. I can't believe it either. 

With no one on my row on the airplane it was a relaxing hour heading to barren Arizona. Probably the last relaxing hour I would have in the foreseeable future.

I spent nearly a week with her little family where I mostly played and helped a little. In just 5 short days, we went to swimming lessons, gymnastics, church (complete with an after-church dance party), swimming, music makers and more. Mr. Nolan got his newborn photos taken, Kelli and I took Kenzie on a special girls-only shopping trip, Edward got our new favorite state on his placemat at the restaurant, and I thoroughly enjoyed meals with my long lost friend Declan. 

Edward had an appointment to get his tonsils and adenoids removed while I was there. It was heartbreaking to see him in such pain, but I nearly melted as I watched his brother and sister comfort him with his favorite things and handwritten get well cards.
Kenzie and I found our inner artists and made paper plate masks for the entire family. Sadly, Kenzie also colored her brand new shirt. Whoops! She was my little doll for the week and we had makeup and hair parties more than once.
I participated in their weekly Donut Saturday ritual and made scones and cinnamon rolls per Big Edward's request. 

Kenzie begged and begged to have a sleepover with me after my first night there. The second night she snuck into my bed in the middle of the night, so on the third night I obliged. This is the result. She was out cold. I was not, but was laughing too hard to not take a picture. 
And every spare second I had, I was doing this.
But with all of our daily activities, there weren't as many spare moments as you might guess. Especially with three doting siblings ready and waiting to do the same. 

Edward, Kelli and I got a nice cold Eegee on my way to the airport (Watermelon, yum) to soothe his throat and my sadness as the week went by too fast!

I miss those four littles already and can't wait for them to come visit me next time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

aww nuts.. this made us miss you all over again.