Sunday, July 21, 2013

utah in a nutshell

While we did some pretty exciting things while we were in Utah, we also did a lot of just hanging out. And those were some of my very favorite days. 

We spent a lot of time in the car. 

We played at Grandma and Grandpa Hauley's house (and at grandma's work). 

We were entertained by Kate at Grandma and Grandpa Layton's house. And from what I hear, Leah was grandpa's fabulous assistant every day. 

We spent some time at my brother's house - they were the perfect hosts. We swam and played and watched movies and more. The girls loved having built-in playmates with Arianne and Wesley (and I loved having a built-in babysitter...Arianne was fabulous!).

We played at the Harman's house a few days and nights. We consider them family. And gaming (card and video) was obviously a must.

One of my favorite nights was spent in the food court of City Creek with one of my favorite families in the world. I cannot believe it had been two years since we had seen Jeff, Sarah, Jack and Lauren. And to top it off, we got to see Matt and Eric and their families too! Leah couldn't wipe that grin off her face if she tried. It was so fun to see Jackers and Leah back together again. 

There were all sorts of reunions with New Hampshire friends...

California friends...

BYU friends....

And lots of friends and family that I didn't get pictures of. 

There were also super classy farewells. Like in parking lots of convenience stores on a Sunday morning.


I did miss seeing some people and wish I had planned my time at the beginning of the trip a little better. It got crazy at the end and we just couldn't fit everything in. It was an incredible and busy and happy and hectic five weeks. And then just like that (after a trip to Ikea), we were off to Iowa...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i didn't know you got to see all the smith boys.. fun!