Saturday, November 15, 2014

the return of the recital

I finally returned from my piano recital hiatus after 3.5 years. The last one I held was in spring 2011 in California! I only had 2-3 students in New Hampshire and some of them for only a year, so I never really got in the recital groove. My first year in Iowa, I only had one student and didn't think she'd want to perform a one man show. So when some friends asked if I wanted my now six students to join in their combined recital, I happily obliged. And my students were all excited to participate too!

It was held at a local music store in their recital hall and was just perfect. Between four teachers we had 20 students. A few of my students have only been taking lessons for a few months and they were phenomenal. I was so proud of all of them and can't wait to see what this next year holds. 



No comments: