Friday, October 21, 2011

guest post: this little miggy stays home

every friday, readers of this little miggy stayed home are treated to an interview of a special needs parent. miggy, a special needs parent herself has made some great contacts and is so wonderful to share them with her growing blogging circle.


today, i was lucky enough to share my thoughts on being leah's mom as a guest poster on her blog. it's been a busy week, so the answers weren't all that profound, but i was happy to share a slice of our life and especially to spread awareness of rett syndrome during its awareness month.

if you're interested, head over and take a look at the post!

5 comments:

Zenaida said...

Maren I am so very proud of you! I have to tell you reading your blog has always been a pleasure of mine. And naturally I have my favorite posts. But oh Maren this post really, really gets to my heart! I am so with you on this one. THANK YOU!

Colleen said...

I so enjoyed reading this but it did sort of make me miss you. I can just see her face watching the little mermaid. I had that conversation too, but ours ended figuring that Claire was a mermaid and that's why her legs aren't too strong. We are picking apples tomorrow, thinking of you!

Michelle said...

that was amazing. nice writing!

Karen Hauley said...

Loved this post. Thank you for capturing all these thoughts.

Julianne said...

Maren, you are awesome. I love reading your posts. Thanks for having the courage to share so much, for being positive, and for showing us that we can do hard things too.

I saw you on the day you got Leah's diagnosis. I even heard you telling someone a little about it, but I didn't realize until much later that it was something you had just barely put a name to. You are right that we really don't know what people are going through. If I could, I would get in a time machine and go give you a big hug.

Thanks for writing this!