Sunday, April 1, 2012

conference weekend

We could not have asked for a more perfect conference weekend. It was filled with friends, food and...actually watching conference! I'd say I watched 90-100% of all four sessions, which has got to be a first. 

Saturday we were watching our friend's little boy. When conference started at noon, both N and Leah climbed onto the couch. As the session started out with a prayer, Ryan and I were having a conversation and N said, "Hey! It's a prayer!" and promptly folded his arms, looking at us with a scowl on his face. He sure called us out on that one! 

Soon after, when President Monson was speaking, little N said, "Look! It's the prophet!" He really thought it was so cool that he was on TV. 

Sunday brought us brunch at a friend's house {where I attempted orange rolls that weren't half bad}, 

cuddling on the couch {this is what Ryan and Leah looked like for most of the 2nd session that day} 

and dinner at the community center with four other families. Cafe Rio style. If it weren't for the bug that has now passed through all five families and made 14 out of the 17 members of those families sick {I'm one of three who has steered clear!!}, I'd say it was a smashing success. 

Here are some of my favorites:

No comments: