Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Purple Piggy Collage

In Octobers past, I've really gone all-out for Rett syndrome awareness. This year, I just didn't have it in me. And you know what? That's fine. I'm learning to say no and give on things that can give. I'm sure there will be years when I have endless amounts of energy and years where I need to dip into my reserves. 

This was a dipping-into-my-reserves kind of October. 

Lucky for me, I found a way to support my miss ribbons AND relax at the same time: by painting our piggies purple. 

This is one tradition we have done every year since 2009 and I plan to keep it up for many years to come. Leah even used "purple polish" as her secret letter P object in school last week. We recorded clues onto her switch that she shared with her class to guess what she brought.

As part of the recorded message, she invited anyone who wanted to paint their piggies purple along with her. So, I'm doing the same. 

I know there's only 10 days left in October, but let's see how many people we can get to paint their piggies purple for Leah and her friends. 

If you send me a picture (email - marejl@gmail.com, text, tag me in instagram! - marejl), we'll gather them all together for Leah's Purple Piggie Collage. (It's fun to paint, but it's even more fun to take a picture when you're done!)

Purple Piggies for Rett Syndrome! Who's with me!?



1 comment:

Colleen said...

Oh Maren, I so hear you! Some Octobers you have it and some you don't. Last year I pretty much stuck my head in the sand and didn't come out at all. This year, such a different story. We paint our piggies purple and I can't wait to see pictures with Ryan. If it bothers him just tell him to vertical look up not down, hahahaha.