Friday, October 1, 2010

let the festivities begin!

it's october. 

that means my birthday is coming. 

i love my birthday. 

i love celebrating and i don't care how old i am. bring it on 29. i can handle you. 

i honestly start counting down months in advance. my mom was here on july 31st and asked if i had started my countdown yet. i told her i hadn't, but secretly i already had the thought that the next day would be august and august is only two months away from my birthday. i know. it's ridiculous. 

i'm over it. {being ridiculous, not my birthday...}

but, i mentioned earlier that i love giving gifts on my birthday. so...i'm going to start right here. 

i haven't completely decided, but i think i'll do four give-aways of some of my favorite things from now until my birthday, next friday. 

first birthday present from me to you: black flower earrings. i made them and i love them. and i cleaned my kitchen counter just to take this picture.
winner will be chosen at random. please leave ONE comment on this post to enter. entries will close sunday night at midnight in california. good luck!

24 comments:

Lant Family said...

those are so pretty, I would love to win them :)

Ryan and Emily said...

VERY cute! Sign me up!

Amy said...

I know I don't comment a lot, but those are just too cute to pass up.

Launi said...

i want them! because YOU made them! (and because they're dang cute). if i don't win, you must tell me where you got those flowers so i can make some for myself when i'm feeling ambitious. :)

chrisbrems said...

Tempting, I'll wait for the more masculine gift for your male readers.

Unknown said...

i have them. i love them. my talented sister:)

Amy W said...

oooh... I love those! What a fun birthday!

Julie Laughlin said...

i love that you cleaned the counter just for the picture! :)

Jaci said...

pick me! :)

Lori and Matt said...

So cute! I'm with Launi, I want to know where you got your flowers so I can make them!

Hope you have a great Conference Weekend!

Emily said...

Those are beautiful! Its my birthday too this month on the 12th and those little earrings are the perfect compliment to the outfit I am going to wear! :) PS Thanks for the earrings you already sent me, they are super cute and made my day! I am so glad Rett won on the Pepsi challenge, I sent it to all my friends at work and they told me they did it and forwarded it on too, so I am glad the girls will benefit!

Laura said...

I love fall festivities and the earrings!

Courtney said...

those earrings are so cute!! happy birthday month!

Ann Marie said...

Cracking me up that you have a birthday countdown. My husband gets pretty excited about his birthday, too.

Shayla Taylor said...

Count me in. :) I would love to flash around Maren's earrings although I don't think I am cool enough to wear them!

Jessica M said...

I love them! Pick me!

laska said...

Maren - you are so amazing and talented! Those earrings are so cute!

Natalie said...

Black is so in right now:) I was just thinking as I I read your post how sad I was that my birthday is sooooo far away... I would love those little lovelies!

Porters said...

what a cute idea...I am glad you love your birthday too. I am not embarassed to say it is my favorite holiday. :)

Erica said...

yet ANOTHER thing to make you way cooler than me. those are so cute! but i cant wear earrings so take me out of the running! just had to say once again how cool you are!

Alicia said...

So I've been reading your blog for awhile (my parents are in your ward, my home ward) and couldn't pass up this opportunity to comment! I love the earrings!

Justin and Roxanna said...

Cute earrings. Just started reading the blog after class at Church that Sunday and it's awesome. Hope you have a fantastic birthday month :-)

Roxanna Leazenby

AJ said...

Those are really cute. And if I don't win them I want to know how to make them.

Molly said...

Okay, so I know this part of the contest is over, and I have flowers almost exactly like these just waiting for me to glue studs on the back for earrings, but I just wanted to say--how fun is this contest?? Everyone comes out of the woodwork when you give stuff away, huh? So many people! I love it.