Saturday, March 30, 2013

the decorating resumes

This year we actually got around to decorating Easter eggs. And it's a good thing because there's not much I love more than a hard boiled egg prepared in any shape or form. It had been a few years since we had last done it. We skipped a couple because it was just tricky for Leah and forcing her to do things with her hands isn't often a pleasant experience. Last year, Ryan was away in NYC for an MBA conference and between Leah's hands and my huge belly, I was sure it would have been a disaster. 

But this year, this year, we decorated eggs. We used the "no spill" decorating set I purchased last year and Ryan and Leah had at it. 

I channeled my inner pirate and played with a set grandma Layton sent to the girls. 

And then I channeled my inner Parisian and did one with a beret. (And then, of course, I dressed myself in a matching outfit before I had the heart to crack its shell and eat it.)

Kate crawled from me to Ryan to Leah begging to get in on the action. Next year, Kate. Promise. 

No comments: