Sunday, May 13, 2007

back in the running...

Today I ran my first race since having Leah. It was actually only the third time I have been running since she was born...but it felt good. Ryan and I ran the Los Altos Hills Pathways 5k with some others from our ward (most of them ran the 10k...). It was probably the hardest route I have ever run mostly because it was so hilly. If you look at the pictures, off in the distance it drops off down into a big valley...we ran all the way down and then all the way back up. Yes...a gigantic hill at the very end. I did have to walk it, but so did nearly everyone else. It was the worst race time I have ever had for a 5k, but I came in 5th place in my age category! hahaha. We had a good time...and I'm hopefully getting hyped up to run the san francisco half marathon (across the golden gate bridge!) this summer and a marathon in northern california in october...we'll see how it goes! (Pictured: top: Kaylynn Olsen, Maren, Julia Wade; bottom: Ryan, Maren, Julia and Jonathan Wade).

4 comments:

Morgan said...

way to go on the running!!! Only 6 more days for me!!

jularun7 said...

you rock maren and you know it!

Molly said...

Congrats! Definitely sign up for the SF half in July. It is an amazing race. Nothing beats running across the Golden Gate Bridge!

chloe said...

Way to go Maren!!!