Friday, May 4, 2007

saturday - meeting the cousins

First thing on Saturday we went to a funeral for a lady we lived by in South Jordan named Deanna Dowdle aka "Wanda". She passed away of a rare form of cancer found near her stomach and liver. Although funerals are never the happiest of occasions, we were glad to see so many old friends and neighbors.


After the funeral, we spent some time with Scott and his two kids, Arianne and Wesley. I'm sure Leah won't remember much about meeting her cousins, but it was sure good to see them. Wesley (7 mos.) has grown a ton and his hair is getting so light! Arianne (3 yrs.) was a doll. She sang songs from Wicked and Cars for us and was so excited to be able to hold "both babies" in the pictures we took. My favorite quote of the weekend from her is, "These are my socks. I wear them on my hands at night. Mommy and Daddy say it's not good to scratch my face." Hilarious. We were sad to not see Marisha as she was working, but wish her luck in her final semester and hope to see her in June!


Later, Leah was able to meet her friend Nora Winterton and Nora's mom and dad, Kim and Ryan. It was a lot of fun to see them.







Nora is a super smiley 8 month old who was very curious to know what would happen if she poked, prodded and squeezed Leah. We intervened when necessary, but it was pretty funny to watch.


Later that day, my mom, leah and I walked the Bonneville Shoreline trail by our house. Leah slept the whole way and we guarded her from the brigh sunlight, but it was nice to get out into the open air.
After the walk, we relaxed on the grass and Leah and my mom had a tongue sticking out contest - you can decide who won.

No comments: