Tuesday, June 12, 2012

kateapotamus's dad

Ryan is and will forever be the master of nick names. He has a nick name for everyone and everything. Some make logical sense. Some...don't. And if you know Ryan personally, he probably has a nick name for you. 

Ryan's list of nick names for me is about a mile long. His list for Leah is even longer. And his list for Kate is just beginning. The first being Kateapotamus. You know like Kate and hippopotamus put together. Makes sense, right? 

Well, it stuck. And that is what we call her.

So, without further ado, I present you with a smattering of pictures of miss Kateapotamus herself...and her doting dad. 






 {yup. that's him studying for finals in the hospital room. 
he deserved...and needed...every drop of that coke}

 








Ryan was a true hero in the hours, days and weeks after Kate's birth. He juggled his former fatherly duties, his new fatherly duties, his husbandly duties and his student duties like it was nobody's business. He cradled, cuddled, cleaned, chauffeured and carried. And he did it all without complaining. Today was day #3 without him around and I can already assure you the Layton female trio is missing him tremendously. But three cheers {one from each of us, of course} for an incredibly hardworking husband and father with lofty aspirations set solely to support his girls.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Sweet sweet post, Maren. Moms get a whole lot of praise for 'being so amazing,' but Dads are pretty awesome, too. They are quietly and humbly going about their duties, and that's what makes them even more wonderful. I bet he's missing you all like crazy!

t.t.turner said...

Oh my goodness, Maren. Those pictures got me all teary! So cute. Say hey to your darling mom for me. Hang in there!

Laura said...

The first photo is definitely my favorite - you can just see the love in his eyes for his newest daughter! You guys are so cute. I'm glad he's been such a big help to you!

Amelia said...

I just read LOTS of posts and just think you and your family are amazing. Especially you WEEKS after your baby is born doing it all on your own. You go momma! P.S. I have the same swim suit. :) The reddish one with the yellow strap. Good taste. ;) Although you are looking mighty slim and trim...like there is no way you just had a baby!!! Keep up the good work Maren. I wish I could be there to pass time with you!