Wednesday, June 13, 2012

mom

One of the hardest things about living far away from family is...living far away from family. I know that sounds ridiculous, but it's just that simple. Ryan and I don't ever regret or second guess our decisions that have led us to where we are, but we have definitely missed out on some quality family time in the process. California seemed far away, but it was just a day's drive or a quick 1.5 hour flight to get to our family if we really needed to.

New England seems to be an entirely different story. 

So when my mom purchased tickets back in February to come out and visit us after Kate was born, you would be accurate to say I was counting down the days. 

She stayed for a week - including the transition time for a couple days after Ryan left. She baked and bowled. 

She cooked and cuddled. 

She danced and discovered. 

She taste tested and toured. 

She didn't complain when there was barely any room for her in the car due to larry's small stature.

And, of course, she sewed {pic of that when my part of the project is complete}.

And then just like that, she was gone. 

It's been wonderful to share my journey becoming a mother during the past five years with my own mother. To see the love she has for my own girls and the lengths she goes to to understand and learn more about Leah. To show her more about where we spend our days and nights and what our world is like. We enjoyed every second of her visit and hope she comes back soon.

No comments: