Thursday, December 6, 2012

the month of crafts

November was the month of crafts. And you would get a very different definition of what that means if you were to ask me vs. Ryan. 

If you ask Ryan, November was cluttered and messy and unorganized. It was a wife hiding behind a sewing machine or escaping to her cluttered cave every night to make a mess. 

If you ask me, it was a creatively satisfying month. I stitched. I sewed. I cut. I clasped. I glued. I ironed. I created.

I had two craft fairs lined up for the first week of December. I made some go-to items {jewelry, baby blankets, bows} but I also tried some new things {pillows, bow ties, pacifier clips}. Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with the result. I purposely over-created so I would have gifts and items for myself and my family for the near future. I sold enough to cover my costs and also donate a little bit to Team Rett FundRacers. And I got to spend two fantastic days with some lovely ladies. Success.

November was busy. November was messy. November was crowed and cluttered. But November was good. 

Just ask Ryan. 

p.s. If you see anything you like, contact me. I might have some left! 25% of the proceeds still go to a great little cause.

3 comments:

Matt and Joanna said...

Hey Maren! I don't know if you remember me, I'm friends with Monica 'Smith'. I am wondering what you have left from the craft fair?!? I love it all and want to by some... I love the bow ties, bibs, flowers and bows!

Thanks,

Will you e-mail me:
joannallarson@gmail.com

Marcy said...

I loved the New Hampshire pillow.... do you have any left?

t.t.turner said...

Seriously, I have no idea how you do all that you do. You = AMAZING.