Friday, May 17, 2013

my favorites

Tear drops on faces and whispers of moving
Hushed as our fears for one night we're diffusing

Colorful packages, pictures on strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored coladas and crisp apple pies
Delicious calzones filled way up to the sky
Wild crazy girlfriends who dance while they sing
These are a few of my favorite things

Gi-rls lip synching, the glass table nearly crashes 
Tears from much laughing on my nose and eyelashes
A room full of great friends - so much joy it brings
These are a few of my favorite things

When the year ends
When the move stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

1 comment:

Josh and Laura said...

You are so clever with your poems. I love this post.
P.S. Those dancing pictures are so funny. I look ridiculous and should probably learn some new moves :)