Thursday, April 28, 2011

this is how i fundraise

i've never been a fundraiser. when asked to sell wrapping paper and christmas wreaths in high school to pay for choral trips, my stomach sank. i would rather just pay for it myself. there really is not much worse in my opinion than asking others for money. 

but there's one cause i believe in enough to do just that. 

her name is leah. 


most of you know her story. many of you have seen her blog. you may have even gone the extra step and donated to her strollathon team {that raised more than $3600!!} or researched rett syndrome on your own, including other fundraising successes and promising steps in research towards treatments and a cure. 

and it's those promising steps that help me keep going. knowing that there are others out there who believe in leah as much as i do. and who help me believe in her on days where i simply don't have the strength.

so, in an effort to raise funds for rett syndrome research in a hopefully-non-intrusive way, {and to clear out my etsy shop, emjay creates, before we move across the country},

50% of all proceeds will go to the 
International Rett Syndrome Foundation 
in honor of miss leah. 

also, use the code 
"TeamLeahBean" 
to get 10% off your order. 

click here to go to my shop


there are some great gifts for moms and wives {and for yourself!} if you're still searching for a mother's day gift. and if you place your order by tuesday, may 2, i'll make sure to ship it in time for it to arrive by mother's day. spread the word!

thanks in advance. 
love, 

team leah bean

p.s. does anyone know how to put a banner on etsy? my page is so boring!

5 comments:

Amelia said...

you MAKE those earrings?? How?? Love them! Oh, and I had to tell you. Those tan canvas target flats that I loved of yours and bought were recently on "What not to Wear." Stacy said "Explain these, what, do you live in a funeral home or something?!" I was offended and shocked! They are so cute Stacy!!! :) Mine still aren't comfortable though. I need to cut them below my ankle bones! I guess i just have low ankle bones!

jularun7 said...

an etsy shop!?!? SO COOL!! go team leah!!

Sarah Agrella said...

Just placed my order. I can't wait to get them! I was gonna give a pair to my sister in law but they're so pretty I might not be able to part with them ;)

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

Well, that's amazing! You fundraise pretty dang well! I actually live in the middle. We go to the Chicago Natural History Study.

I don't think we're going to go to Boston. But we will be in UT for a reunion at the beginning of August. Sooo... We'll miss eachother fantastically.

You are fabulous for putting this together. I'm pretty good about banners and stuff usually, but I've never done Etsy. My sister does though...

Also, if you ever thought about selling arm bands or weighted quilts I might just use the convenience factor to score on the fashion side!

Jenny said...

Just placed my order:) finally.