Friday, April 16, 2010

see mj write: day 16 {a song that makes you cry}

music, far more than television or movies, makes me very emotional. more than once, i have found myself a complete sobbing mess because of the lyrics of a song. i've done it in public. i've done it in private. i've done it in the car. i've done it while running on a trail. and there's something so refreshing about bawling your eyes out to a song, you know? maybe you don't. but if you don't, you should try it sometime.

and if i have to pick just one song that makes me cry, it's "she's with me" by collin raye. i first heard this song a few months ago. ryan sent it to me via email. he should have warned me because his computer keyboard was almost completely ruined from golf ball sized teardrops streaming from my eyes. mr. raye wrote it about his granddaughter who has some sort of a neruological disorder...she developed normally for about two years and then digressed. hmmm...sounds eerily similar to something i've come to know all too well since last fall.

it's on his most current cd never going back. according to him, he placed it last on the cd because he always puts his favorite last. a song he thinks can't be followed by anything at all.

and i love it.

it so completely wraps up all of my emotions in one little song it's incredible. it makes me so excited to hear her cute little voice when we get to heaven. you best believe i have a laundry list of questions i'm planning to ask that little girl.

it makes me think. it makes me smile. it makes me sad. it makes me proud. it makes feel. it makes me happy. it makes me realize just how blessed i am, even if the every day is hard.

and yes, it makes me cry.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj6GXVTAOiU

9 comments:

Uffens Family said...

Always loved him...and now I love him even more! What a beautiful song...now I have to go pull myself together. I love you.

Molly said...

I really needed a good cry tonight. Seriously. Thank you for giving me the okay and a good excuse. :)

LTC said...

Amazing. Simply Amazing.
Love you...

Joy said...

Golfball sized tears on my keyboard....check.

Amelia said...

WOW. That is an amazing song. Yep, you were right. Makes you cry, just a little. ;) Especially at the end! So true. Love you all!

Mary said...

What a beautiful song! I was bawling.

Jenny said...

I'm a complete mess right now. Sincerely, thanks.

carolee said...

Maybe you should send all of us a box of tissues when you decide to post something as sweet as that song. Loved it!

Karen Hauley said...

Love you guys.