Friday, June 10, 2011

paris: food

like i mentioned before, i've never considered myself a foodie. but i'm beginning to reconsider. french food was, in a word, amazing. from the pizzas to the rocket salads to the loaded banana nutella crepes and the pastries for dessert, it was all mouth watering. we knew there were things to see, but all we wanted to do was eat. 

we got pastries for breakfast and for dessert. 

snacks in between and delicious full meals at lunch and dinner. i even tried creme brulee for the very first time. i'm a fan.

and i also tried escargot. i was scared. but it was good. i just wish i didn't know what it was. 
no one was brave enough to try foie gras but everything else was free game. since i've been back you can see me with a baguette in one hand and mozzarella in the other. i'm never going back...all i can say is it's a good thing we did a lot of walking.

7 comments:

Erica said...

no foie gras? its one of my all time fave most delicious things I have ever only had twice. so yum.

Kristen said...

Yum, my mouth is watering. I want one of those pastries. NOW.

carolee said...

Yum! Now I'm hungry!

Unknown said...

gross. you ate a snail.

Lindsey Harman said...

Oh master blogger, I need you to teach me how to do collages! I've been looking forward to this post! MMMmmm dessert! No matter what stage it life you were my friend, everyone know how much I LOVE my dessert!! I think you're missing about 20 pastries I ate. ;) That ravioli! That gelato! Those crepes with nutella! Paris food does not disappoint!

AJ said...

My mouth is seriously watering looking at the food pics. Man, I really need to go to Paris.

Rob and Marseille said...

I was hoping for a play-by-play on eat food picture. yum!!