Sunday, November 1, 2009

gratitude: day 1

{30 days of gratitude...1 for each day of november...}

Today I'm grateful for the Spirit. I'm grateful for the guidance I receive personally in my life from the Spirit and I'm grateful for others who listen to the Spirit and are guided to bless the lives of others.

I have been the recipient of many acts of kindness lately - and most were just because people had a feeling they thought I might need help. A family in our ward emailed us on one of Leah's worst sleeping nights and wondered if we were okay {they had no idea of anything going on...just felt we might need something}. Another woman in our ward called up and asked if I wanted dinner one night last week - a night I planned on making dinner, but so many things got in the way and we were probably going to have cereal. The testimonies that were born in church today were pretty much meant for me. I think someone passed around a little 3x5 card saying, "Hey everybody. If you're going to bear your testimony today, please mention one of the following...{insert list here}...it will make Maren one big puddle." And they did. And I was.

I'm grateful for the calming effect the Spirit can have in my life. Sometimes I think I should feel like my life is filled with turmoil...but I don't. There are those brief moments I'm able to see the bigger picture or see beyond the trial of the moment and feel true happiness...and I know that comes from the Spirit.

So, I'm thankful for the Spirit.

3 comments:

Karen Hauley said...

When I bore my testimony yesterday I mentioned that "I don't worry about Maren & Ryan because they have a stong foundation of faith and testimony". Gratitude is a building block for faith and guidance from the Spirit. I love you, and I love this idea of posting daily gratitude. Hope today is a good day.

Ashley DeMille said...

Isn't the spirit such a great thing! I don't know what I would do if we didn't have that gift. I am so sorry to hear about little Leah! You are such a good person and I know Heavenly Father must really know that too, to bless you with such a beautiful little girl! Good luck with everything. I wish I could do something to help you.

Molly said...

I'm grateful for this blog post. I need to pay more attention to the spirit.