Wednesday, November 25, 2009

gratitude: day 25

today i am grateful for leah.hopefully everyone already knows this.

i'm grateful she has made me love someone in a way i never knew was possible.

i'm grateful she has helped me be more patient. more understanding. more nurturing.

i'm grateful she has helped me to slow down {sometimes} and enjoy smaller things in life. to see things as i'm sure i used to see them, and then somehow forgot. to relax and play. to not always worry about messes...and even have fun with them.

i'm grateful she's my little helper. she goes almost everywhere with me. she does almost everything with me.

i'm grateful for her laugh. her smile. her curls. her eyes. her chubby cheeks. her roly-poly legs. her six-pack abs. her ticklish tummy. her bum cheeks. her sense of humor. her love of books. her curiosity. her teasing. her wobbly run.

i'm grateful she was strong enough and brave enough before she even came here to sign up for all of her challenges. and i'm grateful she trusted me enough to take care of her while she is here.

i'm grateful she has helped me remember to fall on my knees to pray each morning and each night...and usually many times in between.

i'm grateful for the ups...and downs...even though i much prefer the ups.

i'm grateful she forgets when i make a mistake. or when i'm not as nice or as patient as i should be.

i'm grateful for her hugs and kisses. and i'm grateful she said, "ma ma" today, even if she wasn't saying it to me. i needed that.

i'm grateful for leah.

4 comments:

Karen Hauley said...

Thank you for helping me to be more grateful. I love you.

Molly said...

I'm grateful for these posts. And I'm grateful for Leah. I don't think I've ever caught a glimpse of her without breaking into a smile and saying (or thinking) "Leah!!" You would never know, because it's often across a room or parking lot at church, but that little girl makes me so happy every time I see her.

Adam, Jaci, Grant, Grace and Amelia said...

What a great post! Thank you for sharing all of those things. Also, i love the picture! Leah will touch many people...and has obviously already done so.

Michelle said...

You are such a great mom Maren.