Sunday, November 8, 2009

gratitude: day 8

Today I'm grateful for Ryan.
I'm usually grateful for Ryan. Even if I don't always tell him. But, today I'm especially grateful for Ryan.

He's done the dishes probably 8 times this weekend (translation: he's done all the dishes this weekend...and we don't have an automatic dishwasher). He has changed 9 out of the last 10 diapers; most of those weren't pleasant.

He cleans the laundry rooms/parking lots of both complexes that we manage. And he does it well.

He brought a flower home for me on Thursday.

He helped me paint our room on Friday.

He watched Leah while I took a much needed nap {migraine induced} on Saturday. Then he helped me fold 6 loads of laundry.

He started dinner for me today while I was at choir practice for longer than expected.

He works hard all day long at his paid job and then comes home and works hard here. And lately he's been working hard at night to try and keep Leah calm, quiet...and asleep. This usually means long drives for him at night.

Then he wakes up and does it all over again.

And ladies, don't get any ideas. He's taken.

He's a catch if I do say so myself.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

You're on. Let's run it together.

Michelle said...

What a wonderful husband you have Maren!

Molly said...

You got a good one, Maren. :)

Karen Hauley said...

I'm also grateful for Ryan. You are both experiencing a very difficult challenge and I'm so grateful for the way that you are working together to manage daily living. Ryan, thank you for being so good to my daughter. I love you.

Emily said...

What a catch! I am thrilled you where given a top notch man to go through eternity with! Thats how I feel with my Jeff :)

Amy W said...

Hi Maren. Your mom's comment made me tear up. Thank goodness for good people to be your life support. Thinking about you.

Unknown said...

i'm glad you didn't pursue brandon any further and that ryan stuck around:) he he he. we are grateful for ryan too, i mean, without him a crazy chinese man from mexico would have been running amuck in the us if we didn't have him to translate!:)

chrisbrems said...

Wow, this makes me kind of want ryan in a non-gay way :)

Ryan said...

aw shucks...i'm flattered.